Modern slavery a serious issue for UK businesses, says expert, as two jailed for exploiting workers24 Jan 2017
Businesses must be alert to the risks of modern slavery in their UK supply chains, and not just overseas, an expert has said, after two brothers were sentenced to six years in prison for exploiting at least 18 workers from their native Poland.
Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba is following in the footsteps of its US equivalent Amazon and buying physical retail outlets.
BREXIT: Government cannot trigger 'Article 50' without agreement of parliament, Supreme Court rules 24 Jan 2017
The UK government cannot trigger Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union (TEU) to begin the UK's withdrawal from the trading bloc without the agreement of both Houses of Parliament, the UK's highest court has ruled.
- Global retailers urged to adopt different strategies when courting international consumers 20 Jan 2017
- Alibaba announces anti-counterfeiting partnership with major brands 19 Jan 2017
- Guide: Company disclosure requirements under the 2015 Modern Slavery Act
- Guide: Health and safety obligations for retailers
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Core Industries & Markets
We have developed a leading reputation over many years through our market leading transactional expertise and the development of long term relationships with leading organisations in a number of industries and markets.