FOCUS: The Fort McMurray wildfires in Alberta, Canada are already on course to be the most costly natural disaster in Canada's history - but their long-term impact on the reinsurance industry might not be as severe as first feared.
Cyber attacks have the potential to put banks out of business, the chief executive of global financial network SWIFT has warned.
Hong Kong is "perfectly placed" to become a 'hub' for infrastructure finance as part of the Chinese 'One Belt, One Road' (OBOR) economic investment plan, an expert has said.
- Insurers might be reluctant to populate cyber incident database, says expert 24 May 2016
- Businesses will face new disclosure challenges when seeking cyber risk cover under the Insurance Act, say experts 18 May 2016
- Guide: Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)
- Guide: The civil litigation costs reforms
- Master trusts to face 'strict' new market entry criteria, UK government confirms 18 May 2016
- Master trust regulation looking more likely following Work and Pensions Committee intervention, says expert 17 May 2016
- Guide: The Contractual Disclosure Facility
- Guide: 'UK FATCA' - the disclosure to HMRC of information about reportable accounts held by UK taxpayers in the Crown Dependencies and Overseas Territories
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Financial Services
We help clients across the financial services sector achieve their strategic and commercial goals while managing legal and regulatory risk.