Tougher affordability rules for those seeking buy-to-let mortgages will take effect from January 2017, the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) has confirmed.
The UK's Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) has opened a new market study into price comparison websites and other "digital comparison tools", such as some smartphone apps.
Microsoft and Bank of America Merrill Lynch plan to improve trade finance transactions using Microsoft's Azure Blockchain as a Service.
- Decades-old legal test not suitable for assessing if investment advice met professional standards, says High Court 20 Sep 2016
- Hong Kong authority may look to supervise digital currency, says expert 03 Aug 2016
- Guide: ESMA's definitions of AIFMD terms
- Guide: The Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive
- Pensions advice allowance must cover more than just pension products, says expert 01 Sep 2016
- Anti-money laundering rules no barrier to wholly digital ID verification, says Woolard 20 Jul 2016
- Guide: Platforms and remuneration
- Guide: RDR-ready technology: adviser charging, payment facilitation and straight through processing
- Automatic enrolment review must focus on ‘more than just contributions’, says expert 26 Sep 2016
- Fintech can enhance EU capital markets, says Commission. 16 Sep 2016
- Guide: The Contractual Disclosure Facility
- Guide: 'UK FATCA' - the disclosure to HMRC of information about reportable accounts held by UK taxpayers in the Crown Dependencies and Overseas Territories
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Financial Services
We help clients across the financial services sector achieve their strategic and commercial goals while managing legal and regulatory risk.