EU rules on remuneration for credit institutions and investment firms have been effective in curbing risk-taking, but the application of some of the rules may be too costly and burdensome for smaller and less complex institutions and for some staff, the European...
Three bank industry trade associations in Germany have lodged a court appeal against a ruling by the country's main competition authority that terms and conditions used by banks in contracts relating to online banking are illegal.
FOCUS: Pension funds with huge deficits have been at the heart of two stories of struggling UK businesses in recent weeks. So what are the options for trustees whose job it is to ensure pensions get paid?
- Anti-money laundering rules no barrier to wholly digital ID verification, says Woolard 20 Jul 2016
- 'Political pressure' pushing up HMRC investigations into serious tax evasion, says expert 15 Jun 2016
- Guide: The Contractual Disclosure Facility
- Guide: 'UK FATCA' - the disclosure to HMRC of information about reportable accounts held by UK taxpayers in the Crown Dependencies and Overseas Territories
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Financial Services
We help clients across the financial services sector achieve their strategic and commercial goals while managing legal and regulatory risk.