Law of 'legitimate expectation' in judicial review claims developing in Commonwealth jurisdictions, says expert
Law of 'legitimate expectation' in judicial review claims developing in Commonwealth jurisdictions, says expert24 Aug 2016
FOCUS: Commonwealth jurisdictions have proven a surprisingly valuable source of the developing law on what constitutes a breach of 'legitimate expectation' by a public body, given that the ultimate appeal court in many of these cases is made up of judges from...
The amount spent this year by UK consumers using 'contactless' payment methods had outstripped last year's total by the end of June, according to new figures from the UK Cards Association (UKCA).
No concessions for non-doms that choose to unwind enveloped property ownership, says Treasury 24 Aug 2016
Non-domiciled taxpayers who choose to 'de-envelop' UK properties that they own through offshore companies once the government removes the inheritance tax (IHT) advantages of such structures will not benefit from any transitional protections, the Treasury has...
- New UK tax penalty proposals put accepted tax planning at risk, says expert 18 Aug 2016
- Anti-money laundering rules no barrier to wholly digital ID verification, says Woolard 20 Jul 2016
- Guide: The Contractual Disclosure Facility
- Guide: 'UK FATCA' - the disclosure to HMRC of information about reportable accounts held by UK taxpayers in the Crown Dependencies and Overseas Territories
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Financial Services
We help clients across the financial services sector achieve their strategic and commercial goals while managing legal and regulatory risk.