GlaxoSmithKline chair Sir Philip Hampton will lead an independent review aimed at increasing female representation at executive level on the boards of FTSE 350-listed companies, the UK government has announced.
A tax avoidance scheme designed to avoid income tax and national insurance contributions (NICs) known as the 'Growth Securities Ownership Plan' is ineffective and will be challenged, HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) has warned.
- The industry view: staying competitive and focusing on core strengths vital for oilfield services companies 04 Feb 2016
- Private equity firms can find investments among oilfield services businesses, experts say 04 Feb 2016
- Guide: Applying for investment from the Government's Business Finance Partnership scheme
- Guide: Funding an internet business (checklist)
- Insurer able to terminate contract after High Court considers validity of both the termination notice and an email exchange varying the contract 19 Jan 2016
- Stabilisation clauses for international oil firms: implementation and enforcement 28 Jul 2015
- Guide: The EU's proposed new e-identification regime
- Guide: Facilities management contracts: 10 tips
- Singapore Post audit should be broadened, says trade body 06 Jan 2016
- Number of personal penalties issued to corporate accounting officers doubles in a year 22 Dec 2015
- Guide: Issues for directors and bank ring-fencing
- Guide: Payments to governments disclosure requirements for the extractive industries
- Geographical expansion and tech acquisition to drive 'surge' of oilfield services mergers 25 Jan 2016
- Creditors will lose out after government extends no win no fee changes to insolvency cases, says expert 22 Dec 2015
- Guide: Insolvency procedures
- Guide: Financial difficulty and insolvency: Other considerations
- Global accounting watchdogs announce 'major revision' of how companies must account for leases 15 Jan 2016
- Smith & Ouzman bribery sentencing reflects harm and the company's 'culpability', says expert 13 Jan 2016
- Guide: Special companies in the Qatar Financial Centre
- Guide: The Qatar Financial Centre
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Corporate
All companies at some stage of their development are subject to strategic change. Whether the business is at an early stage and requires start up funding and investment, or is a multinational public company looking to grow through merger or acquisition, our international corporate group is ideally placed to advise you. We can help you achieve key objectives whether it is change of ownership, growth in dynamic markets, partnership or divestment of non-core business.