Scotland's self-reporting regime for companies that uncover bribery offences will be extended for a further year, the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service (COPFS) has announced.
Senior judge: bigger fine discounts needed for companies agreeing deferred prosecution agreements 30 Jun 2016
Companies should receive substantial discounts on fines if they enter into deferred prosecution agreements (DPAs) with the Serious Fraud Office (SFO) after uncovering and self-reporting corruption offences, according to one of the UK's most senior judges....
Guidance and specimen policy documents to help quoted companies comply with new market abuse rules when dealing in shares have been published by the UK's main trade bodies for governance professionals and general counsel.
- Take care with percentages, says expert, as tribunal interprets entrepreneurs' relief strictly 23 Mar 2016
- The industry view: staying competitive and focusing on core strengths vital for oilfield services companies 04 Feb 2016
- Guide: Applying for investment from the Government's Business Finance Partnership scheme
- Guide: Funding an internet business (checklist)
- Cloud storage providers urged to review terms and conditions by UK regulator 01 Jun 2016
- Contracts with 'no oral variation' clauses can "in principle" be varied orally, says Court of Appeal 24 May 2016
- Guide: The EU's proposed new e-identification regime
- Guide: Facilities management contracts: 10 tips
- Master trust regulation looking more likely following Work and Pensions Committee intervention, says expert 17 May 2016
- 'Substantial restructuring' of English higher education set out in government paper 17 May 2016
- Guide: Insolvency procedures
- Guide: Financial difficulty and insolvency: Other considerations
- Trade bodies publish new market abuse guidance to replace Model Code 29 Jun 2016
- English court upholds freezing order, jails directors for refusal to disclose assets 28 Jun 2016
- Guide: Tackling theft or improper use of confidential information in the civil courts
- Guide: Setting up a PSC register for your company
- Tech scale-ups in London must overcome funding and skills shortage, says expert 22 Jun 2016
- Integrating LinkedIn with Office software would be 'valuable asset' for Microsoft, says expert 15 Jun 2016
- Guide: Why carry out legal due diligence for intra-group business transfers?
- Guide: Backdating group reorganisations
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Corporate
All companies at some stage of their development are subject to strategic change. Whether the business is at an early stage and requires start up funding and investment, or is a multinational public company looking to grow through merger or acquisition, our international corporate group is ideally placed to advise you. We can help you achieve key objectives whether it is change of ownership, growth in dynamic markets, partnership or divestment of non-core business.