'Broad consensus' that corporate crime laws need changing, says expert, as consultation begins19 Jan 2017
A consultation on the need for changes to corporate crime laws should be welcomed, although there is already "broad consensus" that the current rules do not work, an expert has said.
FOCUS: The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has set out its concerns about the way in which investment consultants operate and their impact on competition as part of the interim findings from its market study of asset management.
The UK will pursue a “bold and ambitious free trade agreement” with the EU as part of its Brexit negotiations, but will not be seeking continued membership of the single market, the prime minister has confirmed.
- UK ruling shows need for businesses to make purposes of actions subject to contract clear, says expert 05 Aug 2016
- Cloud storage providers urged to review terms and conditions by UK regulator 01 Jun 2016
- Guide: The EU's proposed new e-identification regime
- Guide: Facilities management contracts: 10 tips
- Singapore proposes changes to Companies Act 05 Jan 2017
- Duty to report on payment practices and performance - what large businesses need to know 04 Jan 2017
- Guide: Civil settlement in relation to Bribery Act offences – differences between Scotland and England
- Guide: Tackling theft or improper use of confidential information in the civil courts
- UK mergers halve in Brexit vote aftermath, but value of deals rise 07 Dec 2016
- Singapore investor lobby group prepared to take legal action to protect shareholders' rights 21 Apr 2016
- Guide: Why carry out legal due diligence for intra-group business transfers?
- Guide: Backdating group reorganisations
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Corporate
All companies at some stage of their development are subject to strategic change. Whether the business is at an early stage and requires start up funding and investment, or is a multinational public company looking to grow through merger or acquisition, our international corporate group is ideally placed to advise you. We can help you achieve key objectives whether it is change of ownership, growth in dynamic markets, partnership or divestment of non-core business.