Compensation for health and safety breaches depends on actual harm, Court of Appeal confirms29 Apr 2016
Employees must be able to prove that they have suffered actual harm as a result of breaches of health and safety law by an employer in order to claim compensation, the Court of Appeal has confirmed.
FOCUS: A recent High Court case should be a reminder to university boards and trustees of the duties they owe to creditors should the institution find itself in financial difficulties.
Too many large listed UK companies rely on 'one-size-fits-all' executive pay packages, rather than taking into account their own business strategies and circumstances, according to an influential group of investors.
- Take care with percentages, says expert, as tribunal interprets entrepreneurs' relief strictly 23 Mar 2016
- The industry view: staying competitive and focusing on core strengths vital for oilfield services companies 04 Feb 2016
- Guide: Applying for investment from the Government's Business Finance Partnership scheme
- Guide: Funding an internet business (checklist)
- Scottish court confirms need for strict compliance with notice requirements specified by contract 25 Feb 2016
- Insurer able to terminate contract after High Court considers validity of both the termination notice and an email exchange varying the contract 19 Jan 2016
- Guide: The EU's proposed new e-identification regime
- Guide: Facilities management contracts: 10 tips
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Corporate
All companies at some stage of their development are subject to strategic change. Whether the business is at an early stage and requires start up funding and investment, or is a multinational public company looking to grow through merger or acquisition, our international corporate group is ideally placed to advise you. We can help you achieve key objectives whether it is change of ownership, growth in dynamic markets, partnership or divestment of non-core business.