Falkland oil drilling companies to merge26 Nov 2015
Two companies currently drilling for oil near the Falkland Islands are to merge, as Rockhopper announced a takeover of Falkland Oil and Gas (FOGL).
A short consultation by the UK's Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) will hopefully restore clarity to the rules governing when firms can delay the disclosure of inside information when issuing new shares, an expert has said.
The US Treasury is taking further action to reduce the tax benefits to multinational companies of corporate 'inversions', which it hopes will ultimately stop the practice altogether.
- Investing in retail: why buyout firms must avoid brand dilution 13 Aug 2015
- More transparency over UK prime property ownership needed to prevent fraud, campaigners say 23 Jul 2015
- Guide: Applying for investment from the Government's Business Finance Partnership scheme
- Guide: Funding an internet business (checklist)
- Tough new health and safety sentencing guidelines will come into force in February 04 Nov 2015
- Complex corporate health and safety prosecutions more than double in three years 29 Oct 2015
- Guide: Issues for directors and bank ring-fencing
- Guide: Payments to governments disclosure requirements for the extractive industries
- US Treasury takes further action to make corporate 'inversions' more difficult 23 Nov 2015
- BT rebuked for attributing some EE acquisition costs to 'all UK lines of business' 18 Nov 2015
- Guide: Why carry out legal due diligence for intra-group business transfers?
- Guide: Backdating group reorganisations
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Corporate
All companies at some stage of their development are subject to strategic change. Whether the business is at an early stage and requires start up funding and investment, or is a multinational public company looking to grow through merger or acquisition, our international corporate group is ideally placed to advise you. We can help you achieve key objectives whether it is change of ownership, growth in dynamic markets, partnership or divestment of non-core business.