'Eye-watering' Network Rail fine just the start for largest health and safety offenders, says expert23 Sep 2016
The record fine imposed on Network Rail for its culpability in the death of an 82-year-old woman on a level crossing is "likely to be only the tip of the iceberg" for large businesses sentenced for health and safety offences under new guidelines, an expert...
Comments originating at the very top of HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) show that the UK tax authority's new diverted profits tax (DPT) will have a wide scope, an expert has said.
Businesses operating in the life sciences, technology and food and drink sectors in Scotland are well placed to become listed as public companies on London's Alternative Investment Market (AIM), an expert has said.
- Scottish businesses well placed for AIM listing, says expert 20 Sep 2016
- Take care with percentages, says expert, as tribunal interprets entrepreneurs' relief strictly 23 Mar 2016
- Guide: Applying for investment from the Government's Business Finance Partnership scheme
- Guide: Funding an internet business (checklist)
- UK ruling shows need for businesses to make purposes of actions subject to contract clear, says expert 05 Aug 2016
- Cloud storage providers urged to review terms and conditions by UK regulator 01 Jun 2016
- Guide: The EU's proposed new e-identification regime
- Guide: Facilities management contracts: 10 tips
- Supreme Court: director of insolvent Scottish company not liable in damages for worker injury 13 Jul 2016
- University directors and trustees reminded of fiduciary duties to creditors 29 Apr 2016
- Guide: Issues for directors and bank ring-fencing
- Guide: Payments to governments disclosure requirements for the extractive industries
- Diverted profits tax will have 'wide scope', expert says 22 Sep 2016
- One third discounts on penalties not enough incentive to report bribery and corruption, says SFO 19 Sep 2016
- Guide: Tackling theft or improper use of confidential information in the civil courts
- Guide: Setting up a PSC register for your company
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Corporate
All companies at some stage of their development are subject to strategic change. Whether the business is at an early stage and requires start up funding and investment, or is a multinational public company looking to grow through merger or acquisition, our international corporate group is ideally placed to advise you. We can help you achieve key objectives whether it is change of ownership, growth in dynamic markets, partnership or divestment of non-core business.