Contract-based personal pension schemes would not be able to charge members wishing to exercise the post-2015 pension freedoms any more than 1% of the total value of their pension pot, under plans put forward by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
New multi-employer 'master trust' pension schemes will be subject to "strict new criteria" before they can enter the market and begin taking savers' and employers' contributions, the UK government has confirmed.
Master trust regulation looking more likely following Work and Pensions Committee intervention, says expert 17 May 2016
MPs on the Work and Pensions Committee have renewed calls for tougher regulation of multi-employer 'master trust' pension schemes, in a new report on UK pensions and automatic enrolment.
- 'Crunch' time for DC pension trustees as first reporting deadline looms, says expert 21 Apr 2016
- New 'how to' guides will help DC pension trustees comply with their legal duties, says expert 18 Apr 2016
- Guide: Introduction to the lifetime allowance
- Guide: Glossary of pensions terms and abbreviations
- Master trusts to face 'strict' new market entry criteria, UK government confirms 18 May 2016
- Master trust regulation looking more likely following Work and Pensions Committee intervention, says expert 17 May 2016
- Guide: Auto-enrolment – the exemption for workers outside the UK
- Guide: Agency workers and auto-enrolment
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Pensions and Long Term Savings
Pension matters have become a major issue for employers, trustees, public sector bodies and financial institutions in recent years. Using Pinsent Masons means you use one of the strongest pensions law teams in Europe. Over 70 lawyers, paralegals and trust administrators, working collegiately out of offices in London, Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow, Leeds and Manchester, offering clear, practical and cost-effective advice.