ISPs in Germany can be forced to block access to infringing content as a last resort, rules court30 Nov 2015
Internet service providers (ISPs) in Germany can be forced to block their customers' access to copyright infringing websites, the country's highest court has ruled.
FOCUS: Patent litigation in Europe in five years will look very different from now owing to major reforms to the patent framework and a new wave of technology relevant to wearables and the 'internet of things'.
Three-dimensional shapes must 'depart significantly' from the norm to merit trade mark protection, rules EU court27 Nov 2015
Three-dimensional shapes of goods must be "significantly" different from the normal shape goods of that type take to merit trade mark protection, an EU court has said.
- Expert expects patent litigation in Europe to look very different five years from now 27 Nov 2015
- Impending 'patent cliff' for biologics likely to draw scrutiny from competition authorities, says expert 23 Nov 2015
- Guide: Patent box regime
- Guide: Patents: obtaining patent protection outside of the UK
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Intellectual Property
Our international team is here to give you the freedom to operate. We can assist you at all stages of your business lifecycle from opportunity to offering.