EU rules on remuneration for credit institutions and investment firms have been effective in curbing risk-taking, but the application of some of the rules may be too costly and burdensome for smaller and less complex institutions and for some staff, the European...
EU court asked to rule on dispute over minimum pension entitlements in insolvency situation 29 Jul 2016
The Court of Appeal in London has asked the EU's highest court to help it resolve a dispute over a pension saver's minimum pension entitlements in a case where his former employer became insolvent.
Three bank industry trade associations in Germany have lodged a court appeal against a ruling by the country's main competition authority that terms and conditions used by banks in contracts relating to online banking are illegal.
- German banking bodies lodge appeal ruling that online banking restrictions are illegal 29 Jul 2016
- China reviews potential Shanghai-London stock connect in light of Brexit 29 Jul 2016
- Guide: Banking reform - what ring-fencing means for your business
- Guide: Third party contracts and bank ring-fencing
- EU bonus rules may be eased for some lenders and investment firms, says Commission 29 Jul 2016
- Singapore financial firms cleared by regulator to adopt cloud services 28 Jul 2016
- Guide: Competition law: UK financial regulators' concurrent competition powers with the CMA
- Guide: An introduction to collective redress schemes
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Banking & Restructuring
When a company wants to develop and grow, obtaining finance can be a major hurdle. Financial institutions are the key to developing growth for companies whether they are looking to move into new markets, develop new products or try something different. We are ideally placed to advise banks and other lenders on their activities and companies on their financing needs.