Without resolution plans, clearing houses could become 'too big to fail', warn industry bodies26 May 2016
The growth of mandatory clearing during derivatives trades has "significantly increased concentrations of risk" within the largest clearing houses, with the result that their failure could risk financial stability, financial services industry bodies have warned....
Hong Kong is "perfectly placed" to become a 'hub' for infrastructure finance as part of the Chinese 'One Belt, One Road' (OBOR) economic investment plan, an expert has said.
BREXIT: financial firms would face 'costly upheaval' should UK vote to leave EU, says Treasury 24 May 2016
UK financial firms would have to begin putting arrangements in place to deal with the impact of a 'Brexit' vote before the final nature of the UK's new trading relationship with the rest of the EU was known, according to a new Treasury report.
- BREXIT: financial firms would face 'costly upheaval' should UK vote to leave EU, says Treasury 24 May 2016
- UK banks to be urged to implement retail competition improvements ‘promptly’ 17 May 2016
- Guide: Banking reform - what ring-fencing means for your business
- Guide: Third party contracts and bank ring-fencing
- Master trusts to face 'strict' new market entry criteria, UK government confirms 18 May 2016
- Master trust regulation looking more likely following Work and Pensions Committee intervention, says expert 17 May 2016
- Guide: Competition law: UK financial regulators' concurrent competition powers with the CMA
- Guide: An introduction to collective redress schemes
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Banking & Restructuring
When a company wants to develop and grow, obtaining finance can be a major hurdle. Financial institutions are the key to developing growth for companies whether they are looking to move into new markets, develop new products or try something different. We are ideally placed to advise banks and other lenders on their activities and companies on their financing needs.