The enforcement function of financial regulator the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) should be independently reviewed in order to address concerns that it is not sufficiently independent, according to an influential committee of MPs.
Businesses that use currency exchanges and other 'money service businesses' (MSBs) to escape tax liabilities will have their activities scrutinised in more detail, under new plans outlined by HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC).
Plans to reform payments laws in Singapore have been announced by the city state's financial authority.
- Money service businesses face new data reporting obligations in tax crackdown 30 Aug 2016
- Singapore to reform payments laws to support finetch innovation 29 Aug 2016
- Guide: Competition law: UK financial regulators' concurrent competition powers with the CMA
- Guide: An introduction to collective redress schemes
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Banking & Restructuring
When a company wants to develop and grow, obtaining finance can be a major hurdle. Financial institutions are the key to developing growth for companies whether they are looking to move into new markets, develop new products or try something different. We are ideally placed to advise banks and other lenders on their activities and companies on their financing needs.