The Swiss government may allow foreign banks to open in the country as part of policy changes that aim to boost the competitiveness of the country's financial industry, it has said.
European Central Bank 'strongly supports' moves to bring virtual currency exchanges within scope of AML rules 21 Oct 2016
Plans to bring virtual currency exchanges and digital wallet providers within the scope of EU anti-money laundering (AML) legislation have been backed by the European Central Bank (ECB).
FOCUS: Policy makers and regulators need to adopt different approaches to rule-making for blockchain and digital currencies than those taken in the past to regulating new technologies and the business models enabled by them.
- European Central Bank 'strongly supports' moves to bring virtual currency exchanges within scope of AML rules 21 Oct 2016
- Different approaches needed on regulating blockchain and digital currencies 21 Oct 2016
- Guide: Competition law: UK financial regulators' concurrent competition powers with the CMA
- Guide: An introduction to collective redress schemes
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Banking & Restructuring
When a company wants to develop and grow, obtaining finance can be a major hurdle. Financial institutions are the key to developing growth for companies whether they are looking to move into new markets, develop new products or try something different. We are ideally placed to advise banks and other lenders on their activities and companies on their financing needs.