The planned 'apprenticeship levy', which will be used to fund the UK government's target of three million new apprenticeships over the next five years, will be charged at 0.5% of the wage bills of the largest employers, the chancellor has announced.
Does corporate tax planning have a future?26 Nov 2015
FOCUS: Significant changes to the international tax system planned for the next five years, coupled with a major shift in attitudes towards tax avoidance, has all but killed off the traditional tax scheme. So what does the future hold for businesses seeking...
Autumn Statement and Spending Review 2015: extra stamp duty land tax charge for buy to lets and second homes26 Nov 2015
UK chancellor George Osborne announced that an extra 3% stamp duty land tax (SDLT) charge would be introduced for purchases of additional residential properties costing more than £40,000, such as buy to let properties and second homes.
- Investment Association will get tougher on bonus target disclosure warnings 16 Nov 2015
- EBA stance on role-based allowances will have significant impact on smaller firms, says expert 13 Nov 2015
- Guide: UK employee share plans: the online annual filing regime
- Guide: Enterprise Management Incentive (EMI) Options
- Public Accounts Committee criticises HMRC's 'woefully inadequate' offshore tax prosecution record 09 Nov 2015
- Act now to take advantage of Liechtenstein Disclosure Facility, expert warns taxpayers 26 Oct 2015
- Guide: The Contractual Disclosure Facility
- Guide: Tax Disputes: Follower Notices and Accelerated Payments
- Autumn Statement and Spending Review 2015: extra stamp duty land tax charge for buy to lets and second homes 26 Nov 2015
- Business rates shake-up is biggest in a decade but retailers remain sceptical, says expert 20 Nov 2015
- Guide: Land and Buildings Transaction Tax in Scotland
- Guide: Taxes on High Value Residential Properties
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Tax
We are one of the largest tax teams of any UK law firm, providing strategic tax advice on all aspects of direct and indirect taxation. Our clients include FTSE 350 plcs, multinationals and financial institutions.