'Fairness and simplicity' should be at heart of executive pay debate, says Institute of Business Ethics12 Feb 2016
The way in which executive pay is set should be simplified, with the relative fairness of pay awards placed at the heart of the debate, according to a new report published by the Institute of Business Ethics (IBE).
Swedish betting company Betsson will pay SEK113 million ($13.4 million) in historic tax to the German government despite believing it is not liable for the tax, in a bid to secure access to the German gambling market.
FOCUS: Given their charitable status, most UK universities should be paying attention to the progress of the Charities (Protection and Social Investment) Bill, which is nearing the end of its passage through parliament.
- HMRC will act 'swiftly and rigorously' to challenge contract for difference tax scheme 05 Feb 2016
- Bank of England proposes extension of 'malus' provisions to bonus buy-outs 15 Jan 2016
- Guide: UK employee share plans: the online annual filing regime
- Guide: Enterprise Management Incentive (EMI) Options
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Tax
We are one of the largest tax teams of any UK law firm, providing strategic tax advice on all aspects of direct and indirect taxation. Our clients include FTSE 350 plcs, multinationals and financial institutions.