Damages awarded to the owners of a care business for the breach by their former business partners of a non-compete clause and other restrictive covenants should be calculated based on their actual financial loss, rather than hypothetical 'negotiating damages',...
The Scottish Land Commission has begun development work on a new compulsory sale order (CSO) power, which would enable local authorities in Scotland to require the sale of derelict buildings or small plots of land.
A commercial landlord acted unreasonably by withholding from a tenant its consent to apply for planning permission to change the use of the middle two storeys of a building from commercial to residential, the Court of Appeal has ruled.
- Scottish government consults on LBTT group relief fix 29 Mar 2018
- How proposed NPPF changes will affect planners and developers 28 Mar 2018
- Guide: Housing
- Guide: Local asset backed vehicles
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Core Industries & Markets
We have developed a leading reputation over many years through our market leading transactional expertise and the development of long term relationships with leading organisations in a number of industries and markets.