Online gambling operators could be restricted or even prohibited from accepting deposits from customer credit cards in future under plans being considered by the British gambling regulator.
Plans for a temporary run-off regime, allowing UK insurers to continue to serve their Irish customers for a time-limited period after a no-deal Brexit, have been published by the Irish government.
ANALYSIS: Work is ongoing to set guidelines to help European businesses make use of artificial intelligence (AI) tools in an ethical manner, but there is a risk that there will be a lack of specific practical recommendations businesses can act on.
- FSB: 'open banking' could spur 'big tech' disruption of finance 20 Feb 2019
- Call for new UK digital ID policy 15 Feb 2019
- Guide: Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)
- Guide: Establishing academies
- New SDLT surcharge proposed for non-UK resident homebuyers 15 Feb 2019
- New forfeiture order powers used to recoup £500,000 from Moldovan student 11 Feb 2019
- Guide: Family investment companies
- Guide: 'UK FATCA' - the disclosure to HMRC of information about reportable accounts held by UK taxpayers in the Crown Dependencies and Overseas Territories
Expertise in Financial Services
We help clients across the financial services sector achieve their strategic and commercial goals while managing legal and regulatory risk.