New study highlights major country differences in the regulation of bitcoin, blockchain and initial coin offerings
Off-grid solar firm Lumos Global has teamed up with African telecoms provider MTN to launch a nationwide solar power electricity service for Cote d'Ivoire.
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) was entitled to open an inquiry into claims for relief from income tax made by two investors in film partnership schemes, the Supreme Court has ruled.
Some of the plans submitted by UK-headquartered banks wishing to continue to operate in the euro area after Brexit have been criticised as inadequate by financial regulators.
- Virtual currency exchanges face regulation under new payment services framework in Singapore 16 Nov 2017
- 'Regulatory sandbox' for fintechs envisaged in new draft Australian legislation 25 Oct 2017
- Guide: Platforms and remuneration
- Guide: RDR-ready technology: adviser charging, payment facilitation and straight through processing
- EU chief Brexit negotiator says UK decision on business regulation is about 'fundamental societal choices' 14 Nov 2017
- HMRC secures successful prosecution of six men involved in £107m environmental tax fraud 14 Nov 2017
- Guide: Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)
- Guide: The civil litigation costs reforms
- Supreme Court backs HMRC in dispute over film partnership tax losses 17 Nov 2017
- Tax scheme negligence claims fail as time limits began to run before a tribunal decision on a similar scheme, says court 10 Nov 2017
- Guide: UK register of trust ownership
- Guide: 'UK FATCA' - the disclosure to HMRC of information about reportable accounts held by UK taxpayers in the Crown Dependencies and Overseas Territories
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Financial Services
We help clients across the financial services sector achieve their strategic and commercial goals while managing legal and regulatory risk.