Supreme Court: Simultaneous weather events did not put charterers in breach of 'safe port' warranty11 May 2017
The rare simultaneous occurrence of two otherwise common events was an 'abnormal occurrence', which did not put the charterers of a ship which ran aground in port in breach of the 'safe port' warranty they gave to the owners.
'Reasonable skill and care' standard will limit contractors' liability for defects, says expert 21 Apr 2017
ANALYSIS: In a recent decision, Scotland's highest court considered the effect that limiting the contractor's obligations to a standard of reasonable skill and care will have on its liability for defects.
ANALYSIS: Dubai’s new judicial tribunal was established last year to deal with potential conflicts of jurisdiction between the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) courts and the local Dubai courts.
- 'Active and timely contract management' focus of FIDIC Yellow Book second edition 16 Dec 2016
- Technology vital to smart city infrastructure, but survey finds construction firms not seeing full benefits 15 Sep 2016
- Guide: Adapting FIDIC provisions for use in Qatar
- Guide: What to expect from your FIDIC dispute adjudication board members
- Supreme Court: Simultaneous weather events did not put charterers in breach of 'safe port' warranty 11 May 2017
- 'Reasonable skill and care' standard will limit contractors' liability for defects, says expert 21 Apr 2017
- Guide: Construction disputes: can I rely on an unsigned contract?
- Guide: Consequences of concurrent delay on construction projects
- Australia-China partnership to invest in east London housing project 06 Apr 2017
- BREXIT: Investment, skills should be infrastructure priorities post-Brexit, says industry group 28 Mar 2017
- Guide: Notice required for time-extension or extra payment claims under FIDIC contracts
- Guide: Changes to EU debarment rules from February 2015
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?