Listed companies must be prepared to appropriately explain the difference between chief executive and average worker pay ahead of the introduction of new pay ratio reporting requirements, an expert has said.
UK government proposals to make directors liable for tax debts when a company becomes insolvent should only apply when the company has evaded, as opposed to avoided, tax and should not extend to shareholders, a tax expert has said.
ANALYSIS: Recent corporate governance reforms will require greater engagement by boards with employees and workers, and more corporate reporting about the workforce.
- New regime allows foreign businesses to transfer their company registration Singapore 16 Oct 2017
- Chancellor agrees with ‘direction of travel’ of stamp duty reform recommendations 05 Sep 2017
- Guide: M&A in Ireland and the UK – the differences
- Guide: How to carry out due diligence in corporate simplification projects
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Corporate
All companies at some stage of their development are subject to strategic change. Whether the business is at an early stage and requires start up funding and investment, or is a multinational public company looking to grow through merger or acquisition, our international corporate group is ideally placed to advise you. We can help you achieve key objectives whether it is change of ownership, growth in dynamic markets, partnership or divestment of non-core business.