A recent ruling on the construction of a 'break clause' in a commercial lease indicates that where there are two conflicting possible interpretations of a particular provision the courts will consider "business common sense" and the 'contra proferentem' rule...
ANALYSIS: Complex, brand new registration requirements for those with controlling interests in land and buildings in Scotland require a longer transitional period before strict criminal penalties take effect.
UK landowners, telecommunications operators and the government will work collaboratively to implement the revised Electronic Communications Code ('new Code') and deliver the UK's digital connectivity ambitions.
- New UK special administration regime for social housing: what does it mean? 25 Jul 2018
- Non-UK property companies: draft legislation brings profits within corporation tax 10 Jul 2018
- Guide: Land and Buildings Transaction Tax in Scotland
- Guide: How housing developers can avoid demands from minerals owners
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Property
Pinsent Masons’ Property Group is one of the largest teams of property specialists throughout the UK and in Dubai.