A commercial landlord acted unreasonably by withholding from a tenant its consent to apply for planning permission to change the use of the middle two storeys of a building from commercial to residential, the Court of Appeal has ruled.
Proposed new EU legislation backed by MEPs earlier this week highlight "the importance of energy efficiency improvements in the efforts to decarbonise our economy", a specialist in commercial contracts in the energy market has said.
The UK government has introduced new regulations designed to double the use of renewable fuel in the transport sector, with the aim of cutting costs and lowering carbon emissions.
- Conference shows affordability an increasing priority for student accommodation sector 13 Dec 2017
- Using off-balance sheet income strips to deliver new-build student accommodation 12 Dec 2017
- Guide: Business Premises Renovation Allowance
- Guide: Social Housing REITs consultation- how to encourage social housing REITs?
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Property
Pinsent Masons’ Property Group is one of the largest teams of property specialists throughout the UK and in Dubai.