UK government called on to shift liability for illegal online content to social media companies13 Dec 2017
The UK government has been urged to change the law to shift the balance of liability for illegal content online towards social media companies.
Chemicals and pharmaceuticals industries call for continued cooperation with EU rules post-Brexit 12 Dec 2017
Chemicals and pharmaceutical industry groups have repeated calls to the UK government to ensure they can continue to operate in line with EU regulations after Brexit takes effect.
It would be unacceptable for the UK government to fail to agree a deal with the EU regarding future trading arrangements after Brexit, the Wine and Spirit Trade Association (WSTA) has said.
- UK government proposes independent body to advise on post-Brexit environmental issues 20 Nov 2017
- Scottish courts to revise proposals for 'digital' summary criminal justice system 22 Sep 2017
- Guide: Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES)
- Guide: The Heat Network Regulations: what landlords need to do now
- Action Fraud hotline launch reinforces need for businesses to put cyber response plan in place, says expert 11 Dec 2017
- Court of Appeal reinforces 'serious consequences' where freezing order causes loss 30 Nov 2017
- Guide: Corporate criminal offences of failure to prevent the facilitation of tax evasion
- Guide: Civil settlement in relation to Bribery Act offences – differences between Scotland and England
- Budget 2017: UK to enable driverless cars to be tested without 'a human safety operator' 23 Nov 2017
- Driverless car manufacturers should face criminal penalties where faulty software causes injury or death, says cycling body 20 Nov 2017
- Guide: The Consumer Rights Act: consolidating UK consumer protection laws
- Guide: Managing automotive recalls in China
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?