Plans put forward by the government could give the sponsoring employers of multi-employer defined benefit (DB) pension schemes more flexibility over when to repay employer debt once they no longer employ an active member of the scheme.
Macquarie, the Australian infrastructure bank, will meet the UK government's previous commitment to invest at least £3 billion in green projects as part of its acquisition of the Green Investment Bank (GIB), it has announced.
More transparency over retirement property 'event fees' would improve the reputation of the industry, and potentially encourage much-needed investment, an expert has said.
- Changing demographics 'challenge of our age', says expert, as state pension age report published 24 Mar 2017
- Spring Budget 2017: Tax charge on overseas pension transfers will deter scammers, says expert 10 Mar 2017
- Guide: Introduction to the lifetime allowance
- Guide: Glossary of pensions terms and abbreviations
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Pensions and Long Term Savings
Pension matters have become a major issue for employers, trustees, public sector bodies and financial institutions in recent years. Using Pinsent Masons means you use one of the strongest pensions law teams in Europe. Over 70 lawyers, paralegals and trust administrators, working collegiately out of offices in London, Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow, Leeds and Manchester, offering clear, practical and cost-effective advice.