UK accelerates increase to state pension age20 Jul 2017
The UK's state pension age (SPA) will increase to 68 by 2039, seven years earlier than originally planned, under a new timetable put forward by the government.
FCA lays out scope of investment platforms study 18 Jul 2017
The UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has laid out the scope of its investment platforms market study, announcing it will cover a wide range of groups and topics in a bid to assess the competitiveness of the market.
The Supreme Court has struck down a provision of the Equality Act which allows pension schemes to restrict same sex pension rights to post-2005 service.
- Pensions Regulator issues new warning to companies that prioritise dividends over pension deficits 15 Jun 2017
- Corporate bosses who put pension schemes at risk could be held to account 23 May 2017
- Guide: Auto-enrolment – the exemption for workers outside the UK
- Guide: Agency workers and auto-enrolment
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Pensions and Long Term Savings
Pension matters have become a major issue for employers, trustees, public sector bodies and financial institutions in recent years. Using Pinsent Masons means you use one of the strongest pensions law teams in Europe. Over 70 lawyers, paralegals and trust administrators, working collegiately out of offices in London, Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow, Leeds and Manchester, offering clear, practical and cost-effective advice.