Holders of standard-essential patents (SEPs) should not automatically be considered to be in breach of US competition laws if they fail to licence their patents to others on fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory (FRAND) terms, a senior US official at the...
Gilead to lose protections for HIV drug 19 Sep 2018
Pharmaceuticals company Gilead is set to lose important intellectual property rights for a drug it developed to treat HIV, freeing other drugs companies to launch generic alternatives onto the market, according to a new ruling issued by the High Court in London....
- MEPs back planned copyright reforms 12 Sep 2018
- Copyright ruling challenges internet practices on posting photos 08 Aug 2018
- Guide: Unwitting infringements and the law
- Guide: Podcasting: the legal issues
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Intellectual Property
Our international team is here to give you the freedom to operate. We can assist you at all stages of your business lifecycle from opportunity to offering.