Online platforms that allow users to search for and share copyright-infringing content uploaded to the internet by others can be held liable for copyright infringement, according to a new ruling by the EU's highest court.
ANALYSIS: A dispute over the ownership of new gene editing technology known as CRISPR could complicate the way that technology is licensed in future.
German ratification of new Unified Patent Court system in doubt following constitutional complaint 13 Jun 2017
Germany's ratification of the planned new Unified Patent Court (UPC) system in Europe is in doubt after a legal challenge was raised against national legislation that would endorse the new framework.
- Mere association of Nestlé shape mark with Kit Kat brand 'fatal' to claims of acquired distinctiveness, rules court 22 May 2017
- Pictures alone cannot define how colour trade marks should be applied, rules Court of Appeal 12 May 2017
- Guide: Detention of counterfeit goods at UK borders
- Guide: Trade mark opposition procedures
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Intellectual Property
Our international team is here to give you the freedom to operate. We can assist you at all stages of your business lifecycle from opportunity to offering.