The UK government has confirmed a ban on cold calling in relation to pensions, while also confirming that limitations to the statutory right to transfer schemes will not be implemented before next year.
A "crude" scheme being used by taxpayers in an attempt to avoid a new tax charge on certain types of disguised remuneration will not work, according to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
ANALYSIS: Recent developments around how defined benefit (DB) pension scheme benefits should be increased for inflation mean now is a good time for trustees and employers to take stock and consider their options.
- EU lawyer's views on holiday pay could have implications for 'gig economy' workers, says expert 09 Jun 2017
- Retirement age must move as life expectancy grows, says WEF 31 May 2017
- Guide: Bank ring-fencing, employment law and pensions
- Guide: How to ensure that volunteers and interns do not acquire employment rights
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Employment
We are independently recognised as one of the best and most experienced teams of employment lawyers in the country. With over 100 employment lawyers (including 20 partners) it is also one of the largest in the country and offers genuine national coverage from offices in London, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Aberdeen, Belfast, Edinburgh and Glasgow.