Strike law reforms mean unions pursuing 'winter of discontent' risk consequences, says expert26 Sep 2017
ANALYSIS: Changes to industrial relations law mean trade unions are facing a very different legal landscape from the 'winter of discontent' 40 years ago, despite recent threats of illegal strike action over public sector pay.
Analysis of data provided according to the UK government's gender pay reporting requirements has shown that the difference in average salaries for male and female managers is almost £3,000 more than previously suggested.
May speech 'concrete step forward' on Brexit, but Ireland issues remain outstanding, says expert 25 Sep 2017
The latest speech by UK prime minister Theresa May contains some "concrete steps forward" in the UK's negotiations with the EU regarding its exit from the trading bloc, an expert has said.
- UK government launches schemes to encourage public sector staff back to work 28 Aug 2017
- EU lawyer's views on holiday pay could have implications for 'gig economy' workers, says expert 09 Jun 2017
- Guide: Bank ring-fencing, employment law and pensions
- Guide: How to ensure that volunteers and interns do not acquire employment rights
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Employment
We are independently recognised as one of the best and most experienced teams of employment lawyers in the country. With over 100 employment lawyers (including 20 partners) it is also one of the largest in the country and offers genuine national coverage from offices in London, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Aberdeen, Belfast, Edinburgh and Glasgow.