Businesses based outside of the UK will have to disclose details about their ultimate owners when buying property in the country, under plans to be taken forward by the UK government.
EU regulators have set out proposals to restrict or prohibit the marketing or sale of certain contracts for difference (CFD) financial products to non-sophisticated investors.
A business that provides identity-proofing services has been chosen to help protect against fraudsters gaining access to customer data under the new 'open banking' regime.
- Supplier chosen to help with 'open banking' ID verifications 18 Jan 2018
- FCA sets out 'serious concerns' with contracts for difference after year-long review 12 Jan 2018
- Guide: The code of practice on taxation for banks
- Guide: Chinese supervision and administration of outbound investment by centrally managed state owned enterprises
- Spread betting firms urged to get involved in EU call for evidence on intervention 19 Jan 2018
- Dutch plans to implement new payments laws raise data protection concerns, says watchdog 16 Jan 2018
- Guide: The investment bank special administration regime
- Guide: Setting up an authorised collective investment scheme in the UK
- Industry engagement vital to the success of delivering the blueprint for new payments architecture, say experts 10 Jan 2018
- FCA fines Merrill Lynch £34.5m for reporting failure 23 Oct 2017
- Guide: Banking reform - what ring-fencing means for your business
- Guide: Third party contracts and bank ring-fencing
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Banking & Restructuring
When a company wants to develop and grow, obtaining finance can be a major hurdle. Financial institutions are the key to developing growth for companies whether they are looking to move into new markets, develop new products or try something different. We are ideally placed to advise banks and other lenders on their activities and companies on their financing needs.