A financial services regulator in Hong Kong has stepped in to stop a business offering digital tokens to prospective investors.
Initial coin offerings (ICOs) do not pose a current risk to financial stability, Mark Carney has said in a letter to senior officials at the world's biggest economies.
- EU fintech action plan backs Open Banking and cloud computing 08 Mar 2018
- EU crowdfunding regulations proposed alongside new fintech action plan 08 Mar 2018
- Guide: The code of practice on taxation for banks
- Guide: Chinese supervision and administration of outbound investment by centrally managed state owned enterprises
- Carillion: project companies should put contingency plans in place to deal with contractor liquidation, experts say 02 Feb 2018
- Better risk-reward balance needed to drive up UK infrastructure investment, says report 28 Nov 2017
- Guide: Public Private Partnerships
- Guide: Key terms in project finance funding agreements
- Barclays becomes first UK bank to receive ring-fencing approval 14 Mar 2018
- Industry engagement vital to the success of delivering the blueprint for new payments architecture, say experts 10 Jan 2018
- Guide: Banking reform - what ring-fencing means for your business
- Guide: Third party contracts and bank ring-fencing
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Banking & Restructuring
When a company wants to develop and grow, obtaining finance can be a major hurdle. Financial institutions are the key to developing growth for companies whether they are looking to move into new markets, develop new products or try something different. We are ideally placed to advise banks and other lenders on their activities and companies on their financing needs.