The European Banking Authority (EBA) has called for consistency in European financial regulation to support UK-based financial services firms that want to retain access to the single market after the UK withdraws from the EU.
ANALYSIS: Banning initial coin offerings (ICOs) is not the way forward for regulators, despite the legal and regulatory risks that could arise if they are not subject to proportionate regulation.
The Court of Appeal (CoA) has issued a landmark judgment which clarifies the rights and obligations for issuers of bearer notes and investors in them.
- Singapore banks closing accounts of cryptocurrency firms 27 Sep 2017
- French consumer association criticises banks over mobility rules 22 Sep 2017
- Guide: The code of practice on taxation for banks
- Guide: Chinese supervision and administration of outbound investment by centrally managed state owned enterprises
- Why professional services firms are failing, and what administrators need to know 18 Sep 2017
- What restructuring professionals need to know about consumer lending companies as regulators issue viability warnings 14 Aug 2017
- Guide: The investment bank special administration regime
- Guide: Debt recovery in Scotland
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Banking & Restructuring
When a company wants to develop and grow, obtaining finance can be a major hurdle. Financial institutions are the key to developing growth for companies whether they are looking to move into new markets, develop new products or try something different. We are ideally placed to advise banks and other lenders on their activities and companies on their financing needs.