The European Commission has proposed changes to financial supervision within the bloc, claiming this will help in the creation of a full capital markets union (CMU) and boost the development of financial technology, or fintech, products.
Some French banks are purposely making it difficult or unattractive for consumers to move their accounts, consumer association UFC-Que Choisir, has said.
Ten European countries have agreed to study the impact of Brexit on plans for a financial transactions tax (FTT), Bloomberg has reported.
- French consumer association criticises banks over mobility rules 22 Sep 2017
- EU countries to probe Brexit effect on financial tax 21 Sep 2017
- Guide: The code of practice on taxation for banks
- Guide: Chinese supervision and administration of outbound investment by centrally managed state owned enterprises
- Why professional services firms are failing, and what administrators need to know 18 Sep 2017
- What restructuring professionals need to know about consumer lending companies as regulators issue viability warnings 14 Aug 2017
- Guide: The investment bank special administration regime
- Guide: Debt recovery in Scotland
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Banking & Restructuring
When a company wants to develop and grow, obtaining finance can be a major hurdle. Financial institutions are the key to developing growth for companies whether they are looking to move into new markets, develop new products or try something different. We are ideally placed to advise banks and other lenders on their activities and companies on their financing needs.