European financial firms must improve their understanding and management of anti-money laundering (AML) and terrorist financing (TF) risk, the European Supervisory Authorities (ESAs) have said.
BoE head warns against "currency nationalism" 24 Feb 2017
Requiring financial instruments to be cleared in a country that uses the same currency would increase costs and potentially "splinter" the existing global infrastructure of central counterparties (CCPs), Bank of England deputy governor Jon Cunliffe has said....
FCA seals cooperation agreement with Ontario regulator in bid to attract Toronto fintechs 24 Feb 2017
Financial technology (fintech) companies in Toronto will be given greater assistance to set up operations in the UK under a new cooperation agreement signed by financial regulators in the UK and Canada.
- Pensions Regulator requesting more information around flexible apportionment arrangements 23 Feb 2017
- EBA objects to Commission plans to amend draft RTS 20 Feb 2017
- Guide: Chinese supervision and administration of outbound investment by centrally managed state owned enterprises
- Guide: Banking reform - what ring-fencing means for your business
- European financial sector lacks understanding of money laundering risks, say ESAs 24 Feb 2017
- BoE head warns against "currency nationalism" 24 Feb 2017
- Guide: Setting up an authorised collective investment scheme in the UK
- Guide: Competition law: UK financial regulators' concurrent competition powers with the CMA
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Banking & Restructuring
When a company wants to develop and grow, obtaining finance can be a major hurdle. Financial institutions are the key to developing growth for companies whether they are looking to move into new markets, develop new products or try something different. We are ideally placed to advise banks and other lenders on their activities and companies on their financing needs.