Regulators in the UK and Ireland are understood to have begun discussions on cross-border arrangements that will allow UK investors to continue to access funds domiciled in Ireland once the UK leaves the EU, according to press reports.
FCA welcomes investment platform growth but calls for greater competition in interim market study report 17 Jul 2018
The UK’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has proposed a series of measures designed to improve competition between investment platforms and to make it easier for investors and advisers to switch platforms.
No breach of fiduciary duty where director considered interests of creditors, High Court rules 17 Jul 2018
LEGAL UPDATE: The High Court has decided that a liquidator's claim against a director for breach of fiduciary duty could not succeed as the director in question had acted honestly in what he considered to be the best interests of the creditors. The case re-enforced...
- Banks must lobby hard to clarify new 'sub-outsourcing' guidelines 11 Jul 2018
- 'Legitimate interest' may permit processing of 'silent party data' under PSD2 10 Jul 2018
- Guide: The code of practice on taxation for banks
- Guide: Chinese supervision and administration of outbound investment by centrally managed state owned enterprises
- Discussions underway on access to Irish funds post-Brexit 20 Jul 2018
- FCA welcomes investment platform growth but calls for greater competition in interim market study report 17 Jul 2018
- Guide: Post-Brexit licensing options in Ireland for UK asset managers
- Guide: The investment bank special administration regime
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Banking & Restructuring
When a company wants to develop and grow, obtaining finance can be a major hurdle. Financial institutions are the key to developing growth for companies whether they are looking to move into new markets, develop new products or try something different. We are ideally placed to advise banks and other lenders on their activities and companies on their financing needs.