EU member states lost nearly €150 billion (£134bn) in VAT revenue in 2016, according to new research published by the European Commission.
Tax rulings granted by Luxembourg in favour of McDonald's were not illegal state aid, the European Commission has concluded following an investigation.
The UK's largest listed companies have been urged to go beyond "tick box compliance" when it comes to workforce diversity, before more demanding reporting requirements come into force next year.
- MPs’ call for HMRC to step up VAT compliance of overseas traders 'too early', says expert 02 Jul 2018
- Figures show HMRC shifting tax investigation focus to UK firms 01 Jun 2018
- Guide: The Multilateral Instrument (MLI) to amend double tax treaties
- Guide: Corporate criminal offences of failure to prevent the facilitation of tax evasion
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Tax
We are one of the largest tax teams of any UK law firm, providing strategic tax advice on all aspects of direct and indirect taxation. Our clients include FTSE 350 plcs, multinationals and financial institutions.