Swiss voters reject corporate tax proposals13 Feb 2017
Swiss voters have rejected proposals that would have reformed corporate tax and removed the reduced tax rates that Switzerland currently grants to multinational firms.
UAE VAT registration to begin in October 13 Feb 2017
Businesses in the UAE will be able to register for VAT payments with the Ministry of Finance from October, to be ready for the introduction of 5% value-added tax (VAT) from January 2018.
Home rental platform Airbnb paid €7.3 million in tourist tax to 19 French municipalities in 2016, and plans to expand its automatic tax collection system to 31 more cities across France this year.
- Gender pay gap reporting on course for April as final regulations published 07 Dec 2016
- Corporate governance debate should focus on getting company strategy and executive performance pay right, experts say 01 Dec 2016
- Guide: UK employee share plans: the online annual filing regime
- Guide: Enterprise Management Incentive (EMI) Options
- Real estate infrastructure exemption 'not comprehensive solution' says expert 27 Jan 2017
- Private landlords' judicial review of tax changes on rental properties rejected 07 Oct 2016
- Guide: Changes to the international tax system as a result of the 'BEPS' project
- Guide: Land and Buildings Transaction Tax in Scotland
- UAE VAT registration to begin in October 13 Feb 2017
- Airbnb pays €7.3 million in tax to French authorities 13 Feb 2017
- Guide: Aggregates levy in the UK
- Guide: Tax and bank ring-fencing
Join My Out-Law
- See only the content that matters to you
- Tailor Out-Law to your exact needs
- Save the most useful content for later reading
- Tailor our weekly eNewsletter to your interests
Already signed up to My Out-Law?
Expertise in Tax
We are one of the largest tax teams of any UK law firm, providing strategic tax advice on all aspects of direct and indirect taxation. Our clients include FTSE 350 plcs, multinationals and financial institutions.